Chronology of the Chapultepec Forest
Chapultepec is a term that in the Nahuatl language means "place in the hill of the chapulín". Its origins go back to the Classic Period.
1325. After the foundation of Mexico-Tenochtitlan, the Mexicas adopted Chapultepec as a sacred place and strategic site for its springs that supplied water to the great Tenochtitlan.
1428. Netzahualcóyotl, king of Texcoco, builds a mansion and enriches the flora and fauna of the forest.
1465. Moctezuma Ilhuicamina builds the aqueduct of the Tlaxpana, three kilometers long.
1507. Moctezuma Xocoyotzin builds ponds for the breeding of exotic fish and water storage, planting trees and plants.
1521. Cuauhtémoc defends Chapultepec from the attack of the Spaniards. Shortly after Hernán Cortés appropriates Chapultepec.
1530. Carlos V decrees that the forest of Chapultepec is property of the city of Mexico.
1771. The aqueduct of Chapultepec is built with 904 arches along 3,908 meters, which lead the water to the source known as Salto del Agua.
Today the Bosque de Chapultepec is the largest urban park in Latin America, a recreational and cultural center of coexistence and entertainment, and an imposing and silent neighbor of The Green Park hotel...